Thank you to squarespace for making content creation possible! Follow http://www.squarespace.com/Erica for 10% off discount code on first purchase! Taking a look at the M8 now that it has Lollipop and new Eye experience. I still think it is a worthy device in comparison to what we will be expecting next!
The Blackberry Passport has been a very interesting device to use for the past several weeks. I found that I could get around the lack of Google apps due to, Cobalt of Crackberry.com. He has gotten a lot of Google apps working and generally, if you are a person who does not entirely rely on Google apps, I think that this is both a unique and fantastic device!
See time codes below! Thank you to Audible.com for making content creation possible! Follow http://www.audible.com/erica for free copy of “Year of No Sugar: A Memoir”.
I had over a week to use the BlackBerry Passport as my daily driver and only phone. Here is what I think of it during the time I spent…
1. Intro (0:00)
2. A look around the device and keyboard (1:42)
3. Circling the rest of the device (6:28)
4. Interface and features I admire (9:02)
5. Thank you to audible.com for making content creation possible!(13:06)
6. Specs and display (14:51)
7. The app experience (17:10)
8. A bit about the battery life (24:02)
9. The camera interface and quality (24:58)
10. Conclusion/outro (30:49)
Here are my top 5 favorite smartphones of this year and why! Yet. don’t expect to hear about my overall favorite
I have seen that many people have taken my decisions for favorite devices very seriously. In this video the point was not to choose the overall popular and polled devices, but rather to choose what I like “in my own opinion”. What I have decided as my favorite, won’t necessarily match with what the mean finds “the best”.
I generally choose my phones on a few parameters. The first and foremost is the user experience! I have to LIKE using the device. Then comes battery life, then camera. Lastly, but also very important, is the ease of purchase. I won’t choose a device as my favorite that is not easily obtainable. That applies to OnePlus, Samsung, LG, etc… doesn’t matter who. If a device is not easy to purchase, it doesn’t meet my category of favorites.
Check out http://www.etradesupply.com for OEM and aftermarket parts!
M8 : 1. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_3WrrD4TvbI
Moto X 2014: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6lyOIMH9LEY
iPhone 6/+ : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PXBU9K6sQ7U
Note 4: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iEsug9Nsa28
Nexus 6: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3NW8g9UPLA
I am determined to use the Blackberry Passport as my daily driver for a while and see how I survive.
Time Coded Review
1. Intro (0:04)
2. Design and Build (0:40)
3. Size and screen size comparison (7:12)
4. Thank you to Audible.com for making content creation possible! (9:06) follow http://www.audible.com/erica to download a free audiobook of your choice
5. S Pen features (10:30)
6. Pen improvements over Note 3/ Multitasking (16:47)
7. One handed operation on a HUGE device (22:27)
8. Improvements to S Health and new sensor features (25:16)
9. Fingerprint scanner (28:11)
10. Interface and Performance (30:36)
11. The display, calibration, and uniformity issues (32:40)
12. The speaker (38:27)
13. Battery life, quick charge and power saving (39:18)
14. Connectivity (41:58)
15. The camera interface (43:03)
16. Camera performance (47:49)
17. Conclusion and outro (54:09)
Note 4 review footage
An interesting take on a Nexus device… Nice big display but has some down sides.
Nexus 6 Burn in
Only after a few days of having my Nexus 6 I noticed the display starting to burn in. I checked my Moto X 2014 and it is showing the same issue. To check yours make sure you use a fullscreen gallery app. NOTE: My camera and lights make the displays look pink when they don’t in real life. However, when the Nexus 6 is on low brightness it looks very pink!
1. Introduction (0:05)
2. Design and build quality (1:07)
3. Tablet pile up (5:28)
4. The Nexus Experience and Lollipop features (7:43)
5. Specs of Nexus 9 & Nvidia Shield tablet / performance (17:17)
6. What the Nexus 9 and Nvidia Shield tablet are suited for (20:11)
7. Nexus 9 display (23:45)
8. Nexus 9 speakers, MEH! (25:28)
9. Battery life (26:18)
10. Conclusion (27:04)
I got my hands on an iPad Air 2 and I can’t wait to see how the Nexus 9 really holds up to it.
I have gotten a hold of a Nexus 9 and I will be comparing it to the Nvidia Shield Tablet. Please let me know your questions =)